PTCC – PARENTS’ & TEACHERS’ CERTIFICATE COURSE – (Morning & Evening Programs)
A life changing experience of six months
Being offered since 2004 under the leadership of Salman Asif Siddiqui – Educational Psychologist Director ERDC along with a team of competent mentors.
Education of a child does not just occur in school rather it takes place everywhere particularly at home. The greater goals of education can be achieved better if parents and teachers perform with the shared vision of Tarbiyah and have strong intellectual foundation.
This six-month course intends to develop every parent and teacher first as a model learner, then as a learning facilitator and ultimately as a mentor. The program introduces various methodological tools and resources to sustain children’s natural confidence, creativity and character.
The course consists of three modules
Module 1: Process of Learning
Module 2: Dynamics of Teaching
Module 3: Fundamentals of Mentoring
Areas of specialization:
Applicants can choose one of the following areas as their major in the course.
- Early Childhood Education
- English Language Teaching
- Urdu Language Teaching
- Teaching of Maths
- Teaching of Science
- Teaching of Social Sciences
- Five dimensions of Holistic Parenting
Interactive activities, Flipped classroom/ blended learning, book reviews, research projects, video presentations, reflective journals, tutorials & personal coaching, classroom observations & feedback, micro-teaching assignment, seminar, poster presentation, screening of educational movies, guest speakers, field trip, and periodic progress reports.
Duration and timings:
Consists of 150 hours, arranged in 50 sessions over a period of six months.
@ERDC Head Office North Nazimabad: Tuesdays and Saturdays from 9:00am to 12:00pm
@ERDC Branch Office PECHS: Mondays and Fridays from 9:00am to 12:00pm
@ERDC Head Office North Nazimabad: Tuesdays and Saturdays from 3:00pm to 6:00pm
@ERDC Branch office PECHS: Mondays & Fridays from 3:00pm to 6:00pm
Course is being offered at two different venues during morning and evening hours
Venue I: ERDC Branch Office: 192-O, Block 2, PECHS, Karachi.
Venue II: ERDC Head Office: A-735, Block H, North Nazimabad, Karachi
Rs.61,500/- (exclusive of tax) per person for the complete course inclusive of course material, refreshments & certificate.
Admission form can be obtained from ERDC between 10:00am and 6:00pm.
Last date for the submission of form:
Morning program @PECHS Campus: Mar 14, 2020
Interviews of applicants:
Morning program @PECHS Campus: Mar 16 – Mar 21 , 2020
Commencement of course:
Morning program @PECHS Campus: Mar 27, 2020
Guidelines for application in Parents’ & Teachers’ Certificate Course – 48th batch
- ERDC Branch Office: 192/O, Block 2, PECHS, Karachi
Application form can be submitted in ERDC office between 10:00am and 6:00pm on all days except Sunday.
Kindly submit the following with your application form:
- An attested copy of your CNIC
- An attested copy of your last mark sheet / degree
- A recent passport size photograph
- Course fee: Rs: 61,500/- (or Partial: Rs.18,500/- in case of installment plan) in cash or through cross Cheque in favour of Educational Resource Development Centre. This amount is refundable in case the application is declined by ERDC
- Please do not submit an incomplete application form.
- Last date for the submission of application form is Mar 14, 2020 for the Morning program PECHS Campus.
- Interviews will be held from Mar 16 – 21 – Morning Program PECHS Campus. Kindly get an interview appointment at the time of form submission and be punctual to arrive at your scheduled interview time.
- Successful candidates will be informed to join Parents’ & Teachers’ Certificate Course – 48th batch. Course will commence from Mar 27, 2020 – Morning Program PECHS Campus.
- Installment plan to pay the course fee can be obtained after the confirmation of admission in the course.
- Minimum requirements of Assignments, Reflective Journals, Book Reviews, Presentations and Attendance are mandatory to qualify for the certificate.
- Applicants can finalize their major areas in the course by the 2nd week of the course.
For registration and further details, please contact us at 0336-3099390, 0333-3087157, 0321-8135036 & email@example.com
fill up the form at this link https://goo.gl/pxokiR , we will contact you.